TOP SELLING TIPS
1. DECLUTTER DECLUTTER DECLUTTER - You're moving anyway, so get a jump start. Pack away those extra toys, books, clothes, tools, shoes or boots, exercise equipment
2. CHECK THE PAINT JOB - touch up any chipped paint in hallways or rooms and repaint those rooms or ceilings that are showing any wear and tear. DE-WALLPAPER - you may not want to but a new buyer doesn't want to either.
3. CHECK OUT YOUR KITCHEN & BATHROOMS - Since these two rooms are the two most important selling rooms in your home. go ahead and 'glam them up'. New linens i.e. towels, shower curtain, possibly curtains or blinds + accessories too, that co-ordinate with your rooms - all things that you can take with you when you leave.
4. LIGHTING 'UNLIMITED' - make sure all your lamps, lights, sconces, fans are sparkling clean and have working light bulbs. Up the wattage in darker rooms, like rec room or basement. Check for cobwebs too.
5. THE FLOOR'S THE THING - dated or dirty broadloom is a sure buyer turnoff - spend the money to get the carpets clean, replace broken ceramic floor tiles, or replace broadloom that's had it's day. If you have hardwood underneath old carpet, take it up and reshine - everyone loves hardwood.
For help with getting your home ready to sell, call us. We do this everyday and can give you the best suggestions. Bill can also help with STAGING SUGGESTIONS THAT SELL!